What documents should I assemble before speaking with a Virginia Car Accident Lawyer?
Before you meet with a lawyer, use this simple checklist to put together the documents you need for that first meeting:
1. Any notes or information you received at the accident scene.
2. The name of the defendant’s auto insurance company
3. The names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
4. The name of the police officer and whether it was county or state police
5. Any papers you received from the hospital when you were discharged.
6. Receipts for any medications you purchased.
7. The name of the wrecker service that towed your car.
8. The name and phone number of the insurance adjuster if you have been previously been contacted by phone.
9. A recent pay stub from your work if you are going to be claiming lost wages.
10. A copy of the declaration page from your personal auto insurance.
11. A copy of your health insurance card.
12. Copies of any photographs taken at the accident scene or of your property damage.