The Barrera Law Firm recently settled a $2.5 million dollar case for a client who suffered a major brain injury on the job.
Our client was a 40 year old undocumented alien who worked evenings cleaning office buildings in Northern Virginia. At the time of the accident, our client had an average weekly wage of $323, and therefore qualified for a $215 compensation rate. On July 19, 2007, our client was on a stepladder changing a light bulb when he fell and struck his head. As a result of the fall the claimant suffered a subdural hematoma, a skull fracture and a traumatic brain injury. Our client suffered a serious frontal lobe injury that continues to impact his daily life.
Our client received extensive rehabilitation at Learning Services in North Carolina and was recently discharged to return to his native El Salvador, where he now lives with his family. The terms of his settlement included $432,810 in cash up front, and $2,067,189 to purchase an annuity that has a guaranteed payout of over $3,100,000.
- $67,000 Settlement when Backhoe hits client -Foot injury
- $15,000 Virginia Workers' Compensation Settlement – Wrist fracture
- $50,000 Virginia Workers' Compensation Settlement – Spondylolisthesis L5-S1
- $30,000 Virginia Workers' Compensation Settlement
- $42,000 Virginia Auto Accident Settlement- Rear End Accident