A young, undocumented alien, cleaning lady fell out of a window while cleaning windows in Manassas, Va., and suffered an injury to her lumbar spine at L1. She had a long course of treatment which included a lumbar fusion surgery. After a long recovery, she was eventually released back to work by her primary treating physician. The claimant decided to return to her home country of Mexico, and settle her claim. It should be noted that the Virginia Workers’ Compesation Act makes no provision for a permanent partial disability to one’s back. Additionally undocumented aliens lose their ability to claim wage benefits when released to light duty employment.
- $177,000 Workers' Comp Settlement – L5-S1 Back Surgery
- Virginia Workers' Compensation Workplace Notice
- Virginia Claim for benefits
- Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission Employee Pamphlet
- 2007 Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission Statistical Report